Sheets and Plate Multiples of the 1908 Quebec Tercentenary Issue
The immense popularity of these stamps in high grades and the resulting significant price discrepancy between stamps in very high grades and those in lower grades means that very few of these stamps will have survived in intact sheets of 100. Nearly all have been broken up by dealers to supply collectors wanting nice single stamps. The only sheets that I have either seen or have been aware of over the past several years are:
- A complete sheet of the 1/2c brown black with the re-entry was sold by Brigham Auctions in their sale of Mr. Brigham's complete sheets.
- A complete sheet of the 1c was once shown to me by Bob MacGillvary of the former Stanley Stamp Company in Vancouver. This would have been back in 2000 or so.
- A complete sheet of the 5c was being sold by City Stamp Montreal either last year or the year before.
- 1/2c brown black: plate 1
- 1c blue green: plates 1-4. It appears that plates 3 and 4 had imprints at the bottom as well.
- 2c carmine rose: plates 1-4. It appears that plate 3 had the imprint at the bottom, and on plate 4, there is an inverted imprint at the bottom as well as at the top.
- 5c dark blue: plates 1 and 2. Plate 2 is very rare, and is valued at more than 8 x the price of plate 1.
- 7c olive green: plate 1 only.
- 10c violet: plate 1 only.
- 15c orange: plate 1 only.
- 20c dark brown: plate 1 only.
View my material at: