The 1932-1934 Commemorative Issues - Part 1
All in all, as the next two posts will demonstrate, this little group of ten stamps can provide the basis for a fantastic specialized collection.
The Stamp Designs, Issue Dates and Quantities
- Brownish vermilion
- Deep Indian red
- Indian red
- Deep brownish vermilion
- Deep orange brown red
- Very deep brownish orange vermilion
- Deep brown red
- Deep lake brown
- Deep bright red brown
- Bright red brown
- Deep brown red
- On the 10c Loyalists issue the predominant shade is olive green, but greyish olive and deep greyish olive are also seen. The variation is very subtle, but can be seen up close, or by comparison with larger blocks in the different shades.
- The 3c Cartier Issue varies from steel blue to deep steel blue.
- The 5c Ottawa conference catalogues between 2-2.5 times the price of four single stamps, depending on condition.
- The 13c Ottawa conference catalogues between 2.15 and 2.5 times the price of four single stamps, depending on condition.
- 3c Ottawa Conference: plates 1 and 2 - 4 positions each for a total of 8 blocks.
- 5c Ottawa Conference: plate 1 - 4 positions, 4 blocks.
- 13c Ottawa Conference: plates 1&2, 2 positions each, 4 blocks.
- 5c UPU Conference: plates 1&2, 4 positions each, 6 blocks.
- 20c Regina Grain Exhibition: plate 1 only, 4 positions, 4 blocks.
- 5c Royal William Issue: plates 1&2, 4 positions each, 6 blocks.
- 3c Jacques Cartier Issue: plates 1&2, 4 positions each, 8 blocks.
- 10c Loyalists Issue: Plate 1, 4 positions, 4 blocks.
- 2c New Brunswick Issue: plates 1&2, 4 positions each, 6 blocks.
- 5c UPU Issue (75 pairs, 4 plate blocks)
- 20c Regina Grain Exhibition (75 pairs, 3 plate blocks)
- 5c Royal William (75 pairs, 4 plate blocks)
- 3c Jacques Cartier (125 pairs, 5 plate blocks)
- 10c Loyalists (75 pairs, 2 plate blocks)
- 2c New Brunswick (80 pairs, 35 with closed frameline, 2 plate blocks)
The Hairline From Hand Variety