The Commemorative Issues of 1970 - Part 2
My apologies for being late with this week's post. I had a computer hardware disaster yesterday that saw me lose most of my data, and I spent most of yesterday trying to recover it, without any success I might add. So, I did not get a change to write this week's post until today.
Today, I delved into the last 17 stamps of 1970, 12 of which came from the Christmas issue. These issues were replete with varieties that are not listed in Unitrade, such as:
- A distinct smooth/ribbed paper distinction that is found on all of the issues except for the Alexander Mackenzie issue and the Oliver Mowat issue.
- Additional plate flaws on the Christmas issue 5c and 6c stamps.
- A double print of the Canada inscription on the Group of Seven issue.
- Three or more varieties of paper fluorescence for nearly all the stamps listed.
- Shade varieties on several of the Christmas stamps and the Group of Seven issue.