Our Tenth Auction Ends Successfully and We Now Unveil Auction #11
This week we are pleased to offer our usual, balanced selection of early and modern stamps, which you can view by clicking the link below:
A special announcement for Centennial Collectors:
I have taken possession of the Dr. Jim Watt collection of the Centennial issue. It occupies 11 large rubbermaid bins, so needless to say, I have not yet had time to go through all of it, but from 1 day's examination I was able to gather that it includes:
- Two cartons of better rate covers, including several single usages of the $1, 25c, 50c and 20c high values, the finest known bulk mailing receipts from the Minarski find in Alberta, Acknowledgement of receipt cards and many, many more.
- Bob Prince's full collection of booklets and foldover errors intact.
- The only known corner block of 459bpii - the 6c orange Winnipeg tagged hibrite.
- Numerous positional multiples for varieties and partial sheets with the plastic flows.
- Numerous sheets of the 1c and 2c values, showing all the Blinky varieties on the 2c and the Sinusoidal wave variety on the 1c.
- Boxes of glassines containing thousands of plate blocks, corner blocks and singles.
- Many unlisted paper and tagging combinations, such as the 15c Bylot Island Winnipeg tagged on the dull ribbed paper, which at the moment is only listed in Unitrade as untagged.